The costs of the WCAA's activities are to be borne by the member associations who have agreed the following approach to funding: while there will be no mandatory fees, the WCAA will seek annual (voluntary) contributions from member associations. Besides a small annual grant from the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, these association contributions are the only source of funding for the WCAA, and thus these are vital to the continued success of the WCAA.
All associations should contribute financially, to the best of their ability, but no association shall be excluded or disadvantaged by its financial limitations.
- Size: i.e. number of members in the association
- Economic strength: as measured by such indices as national income levels and exchange rates
- Any other specific/local factors affecting finances of the association
Member associations are asked to self-assess, based on the principles and criteria above, placing themselves in one of four levels below:
- Level 1 (large and strong associations): $1000 minimum
- Level 2 (large or strong associations): $500 minimum
- Level 3 (small or not so strong): $200 minimum
- Level 4 (really limited circumstances): token payment based on the capacity of the association
How funds are used
Funding received will be used for the routine maintenance and hosting of the WCAA website over the coming year, and for the support of travel of delegates from disadvantaged countries to our biennial meeting and in some cases to interim meetings.
How to make your payment to the WCAA
**Please note that the WCAA's Australian based bank account is no longer operational**
Please make a transfer using the details below:
Account name: WCAA
Bank name: Co-operative Bank
Address: Balloon St, Manchester, UK
IBAN number: GB63CPBK08929965790779
Swift code: CPBKGB22
Account number: 65790779
Sort code: 089299
WCAA Registered Office: c/o RAI, 50 Fitzroy St, London W1T 5BT, UK.
Please note that the payment need NOT be in GBP or US dollars. You can transfer the equivalent amount in your preferred currency.
If you are able to give a reference, please give at least your association acronym.
On making the transfer please email admin(at)wcaanet.org, with subject "Payment of WCAA contribution by bank transfer" so as to help identify your payment.